Sunday, March 4, 2012

December 2011

December is always a fun month when you have grandchildren.  CE liked watching his big brother decorate Grandma and Grandpa's tree.


We are still playing with trains, but we have added art to our routine for most of the days the guys are over.




Grandpa seems to be the main reader, but I get a little in, too.


I don't remember when CE was able to sit up on his own, but once he was able to with support, it didn't take long for him to get that balance.


I need to remember to ask Grandpa to take pictures of me with the boys, as he does not pick the camera up on his own like I do.  Look at that big boy standing up!


This was the day KJ had tests done.  I forgot what the name of the condition is that they were testing for, but it is like having eczema in your esophagus.  He also had more food allergy tests done, and they found out he is allergic to a lot of kinds of food.  He is on a very restricted diet, and is handling it very well.  He knows not to eat things he shouldn't.  The eczema on his skin has pretty much cleared up.  At some point, they will reintroduce some things, one at a time to see how he handles them.


On Christmas Eve, our kids and grandsons come over for soup, and we open gifts.


Mom and CE, opening a gift:


I posted a series of photos on Facebook that showed Grandpa Larry with a sack for the wrapping paper, and some of KJ putting his paper in the sack.  It was pretty funny.


On Christmas Day, we went to Aunt Amy's and Uncle John's house.  CE was shy.


KJ wasn't shy.  He only sees the cousins on holidays, but they are fast friends.


I had started to tell them to slow down, until I saw Aunt Amy joining in.


I'm not sure when the next photos were taken, but they must have been between Christmas and the New Year.


KJ and Grandpa had lots of fun playing in the snow.



CE and I enjoyed time in the house.


I had trouble staying awake while putting these photos in.  I'll have to do another post for January, and try to get caught up to March.  I better hurry up, CE will be a year old April 15.

Guys, Grandpa and I are so thrilled to be your grandparents!  It is so much fun playing with you and seeing you doing new things!

2 comments:

  1. Sue, I'm sorry to hear about your precious KJ having to deal with the food allergies and the condition in his esophogus. Hopefully, it's something he'll outgrow quickly. Absolutely adore that photo of him drawing.

    CE is a very happy-looking baby. Both boys look happy and content AND loved!

    Sometimes it makes my heart ache when I see pictures of your grandsons because it seems like yesterday Phillip was that age and now he's 10. I hate how fast time is going by. We still spend a lot of time with him but I've had to step up my game to keep things interesting. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna, Do you subscribe to follow up comments? I just found that I had a comment awaiting approval. I don't think we get email notices for that anymore. Thanks for your words of encouragement. Yes, they do grow up fast! You and Phillip seem like you have a wonderful relationship.

      Speaking of time going by, I can't believe how fast spring flew by, and summer will be following soon. I am ready for cooler weather, and we are having that today. Take care!

      Delete