Saturday, September 11, 2010

Since Last Time

We've been doing lots of fun things with KJ, and I like taking lots of photos.  Between my dad and I, we have lots of photos of the guy.

August 18, KJ helped pick the volunteer cherry/grape tomatoes.  Last year, he only picked the ripe ones.  This year, he is picking green ones, too.  I wonder what the difference is.  Maybe he didn't recognize the green ones as being tomatoes last year.  He knows his colors well, and is a very smart guy.


KJ is noticing when the tomatoes have bad spots, and throws them toward the compost pile.


This photo is not clear, but I like the look on KJ's face as he shows his tomatoes.


Later that day, he played with this train set.  He is REALLY into trains these days, and loves to watch YouTube videos of trains from all over the world, real, and model.  He also likes Thomas.


On August 21, we took Keaton to get a haircut where a friend of his dad's has a booth.


Once in awhile, he puts his lip out to show he's not very happy about something.  It's hard not to laugh.


At least he didn't cry at all, which he has done in the past when he got a haircut.  This gal has cut his hair before, so that helped.  I forgot to mention that the day we picked tomatoes, KJ got a couple mosquito bites, one under his left eye, which swelled up, and looked like a black eye.


She gave him what she called a "cool guy" look.  I liked it, but Larry didn't so much.


He wanted me to comb it out, because we were about to go to the zoo.  I must have told him to take a picture first.  Oh, and he got to choose a lollipop after the cut so he'd go with a good memory.


The pouting lip did not come out at all at the zoo.  It was our first time to take him, but his parents take him regularly.  We didn't last long in the butterfly pavilion, and I didn't get any photos taken in there.  We did have some land on us, which was pretty cool.


Larry and I hadn't been to the zoo in years.  I don't remember it being such a playground.  KJ played as much as he looked at animals, which was good, since some of the animals were not out where they could be seen.


There was a little path that only people shorter than 3 feet tall could walk through under these shrubs.  KJ thought that was pretty cool.


He had to wait for these girls to finish playing under the water, then when he got in, they ran back, and then other people were coming from behind us, so he didn't play here for long.  It was a nice cool off for him, though.


I told KJ he's a little athlete.  He did a great job on this spider web. 


I love this photo of KJ and grandpa looking at each other so sweetly.


Our son works lots of hours, and we don't get to see him often.  They came over for awhile September 3.  He and KJ had fun with the yoyo for awhile, and then looked for critters. 


September 4, KJ came over, as usual.  It was cool enough for him to wear long sleeves and pants to keep mosquitos off, so we could pick more tomatoes.


KJ doesn't smile for photos very often.  I was glad to get this one.


He smiled again when I asked him to show me the tomatoes he picked.


We went across the street to pick some more.


We found a pepper to pick.


Then, we found a cucumber ready to be picked.


Later in the day, we gave KJ a regular glass to drink out of instead of a sippy cup.  He did quite well with it.


KJ, I didn't think you could be more fun at this age than when you were a baby, but you get more fun to be around every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment