Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Last Couple of Weeks

We've had some fun since my last post.

Last Saturday was probably our last tomato and pepper picking time of the year.





This was when KJ was asking me to take the bowl because it was too heavy.  I took a picture first.


I remember someone, maybe Jenny, from Morning Glories in the Round Rock, reassuring me that KJ would stand up for himself when Heidi was too forward, and start playing with her.  He still gets frustrated with her constant attention, and tells her to go away, but he does play with her now.


KJ Mom, and Dad came over Friday night after going to "Boo at the Zoo".  He took off his Thomas the Train costume before they came over, and he did not want to put it back on.  Here, Grandpa was asking him where he'd been, and was calling it different silly things.


I'm not sure what they were talking about here.


Mom had her costume on, tail and all.


The rest of the photos are from today.  KJ wanted to play with the magnets.  I hadn't found many things yet for him to pick up.  I went into the kitchen and got a basket of old tools.  He sorted the ones that could be picked up with a magnet from the ones that couldn't be.  He dumped the basket out and did it again several times.  He kept asking, "How does this work?"  I couldn't tell if he was asking me, or just wondering out loud.  I was going to see if there was anything on the internet I could show him about magnets, but we ended up eating lunch, then going outside. It was a fun day!
















Feeding Grandpa's fish:



KJ, I know I say this a lot, but you sure are getting big!  It is so fun to see you enjoying yourself and learning new things.  I had fun reading books with you today, too.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what KJ was talking about when he was sitting on grandpa's lap, but I bet it was very important!

    Cute kid, cute photos. And the grandma and grandpa are cute, too. ha-ha

    donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! Thanks for your comments here. We sure enjoy KJ!

    You mentioned in another comment that you like photos from behind. I do, too. I started taking some like that when our kids were small, and decided I enjoyed doing that. There is a lot of body language that can be read from the back, plus, I just like seeing things from that perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fun Christmas with KJ. I'll be looking for some holiday pictures in the future. Phillip is 8, but hasn't so far said anything about not believing in you know who. He's too old to do breakfast with Santa and I really miss those days. Enjoy that little guy of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely album familie, chanc for grandson to live natuur, have nice days with it.

    ReplyDelete