Saturday, October 1, 2011

Blog Title Has Changed to Plural

KJ, I haven't posted here for awhile.  I was trying to decide if I was going to start another blog for your brother, CE, or include him in yours.  I decided I wouldn't be able to keep up with 2 grandson blogs.  Plus, a lot of the photos and posts will involve both of you.  I just spent some time choosing photos that show our April through the first couple of days of July.  I'll start with the Fourth of July in the next post.

CJ was born April 15.  I wonder why I forgot to find the photos of you spending the night with us.  I told you we were camping out in the living room, and you wanted sleeping bags.  We had a good time.

This was our visit to CJ and to see Mom and Dad at the hospital.


You held him once, but for some reason, I didn't get a photo of that.  I did get some of you either reading a book or playing a game on Mom's phone.


You are still into trains, but you also like to do art projects and other things.


When Dad and you are here at the same time, you guys like to go around looking under rocks for what critters you can find.


You don't often look at the camera and smile, so I'm glad we at least have some photos of you smiling.


When Grandpa and I took you home after CE was born, we saw the ducks you guys had been seeing in your circle for a few days.


Grandpa Larry and CE:



KJ and Mommy:


KJ has gotten very good at blowing bubbles.

Grandma and Grandpa's tree in the front yard had to be cut down this spring.  Grandma planted lots of flowers in the front yard.


I like this picture of us and Heidi.


KJ and Grandpa reading a book on his ipad:


May:

CE and Grandma Sue:


Look at those sweet brothers!


I remember you playing some kind of game here, and I could hear a voice talking to you from the game.  I think it was about colors or something.
 

I got these coil things at an antique sale.  I wasn't sure what to do with them, and KJ made a sculpture that I hung on a pole in the flower bed.


KJ and Grandpa's motorcycle that he sold in September because he bought a different one:


June:

CE sure has grown, and is smiling and cooing for Aunt Ashley here:


Mom's birthday is in June.  KJ helped her open her presents.


Grandpa has been a good sport and walked around with CE while KJ and Heidi walk around on their own, so Grandma can take lots of photos to choose from for the header photo on her garden blog.


We had some "races" down the sidewalk this summer.  This is Shirley's garden.


KJ was playing peek-a-boo with his blanket, trying to see if he was going to take a nap.  I don't remember if he did.


Sometimes pictures turn out pretty good.  It's nice to capture cute poses like this.


CE has gotten more and more expressive.


KJ and I stopped at a drugstore to get some bubbles, and also came home with this cool Cars sprinkler.  While he is still into Thomas, he also likes the characters from Cars a lot.


July:

KJ went through a spell where he wanted to be the one who opened and shut the gate.  I still ask him if he's going to do it, or if he wants me to.  We have to remember to put a hook into a hole so Heidi can't open the gate and get out.


I found this tricycle at a garage sale, but Grandpa accidentally ran over one of the wheels, and we need to decide if we are going to fix it.  It was a little small for you.  I drew some lines on the driveway to leave a trail for KJ to follow.  We had lots of fun.  Of course, Heidi got in the way a few times.
 

CE is starting to hold things and put them into his mouth.  He was still dropping things a lot in August, though.


I included one photo from the Fourth of July.  I will post more the next time.  KJ and Daddy's cousin EA have lots of fun being wild when they get together.


I have finished my first post on the combined grandson blog.  KJ, I always leave a message for you at the end, usually about how much we love you.  I like how you beamed today when I read to you what I wrote to a blogging friend who said she was going to have a grandson, that grandsons are awesome.   One thing we've been enjoying about you is all the conversations we have been having.  You are smart, and you know it.  That's a good thing.  As you get older, I hope you always treat people nicely, even if they aren't as smart as you are.

CE, you are not old enough to understand a message right now, but before you were born, Grandpa and I wondered how we could love another grandson as much as we love KJ.  Well, we have found there is lots of love to go around, and you have a special place in our hearts, just like your brother.  We love you both, and you guys are awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Sue this is such a sweet post and the photos make my heart flutter. I especially luv the one where the boys are looking into each other's faces with their tongues sticking out. Precious!
    You and your husband are fabulous grandparents and the boys are so lucky to have you.

    Happy day to you, donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    Thanks for the nice comment. If you subscribe to follow up comments, let me know. I was just reading this post to KJ, who informed me he doesn't like me calling him that, and noticed your comment. I must have read it once, but didn't respond when you first sent it.

    I'll have to ask his mom and dad again if I can use their real names. Philip sure is getting big!

    Oh, I see this is still here, too. I still didn't find out how to spell his name, though.

    ReplyDelete